Trying to figure out who owns a domain name can be a frustrating task. Fortunately, there are some great tools available that can help make the process a lot easier. Here are 10 of the best.
Awesome Tools To Check Domain Ownership History
Whoisology is one of the oldest and most comprehensive Whois database in the world. It offers more than 1.75 billion Whois records and covers almost all domains in existence today. The database is updated daily with newly registered domains, and you can use it to find historical data on any domain name.
DomainTools is another popular Whois lookup service that offers over 500 million Whois records from more than 100 million domains. The service also includes a bevy of other features like reverse IP lookup, DNS tools, and more. You can use the free version of DomainTools to perform up to five search queries per day.
IcannWhois is a service provided by Icann, the organization that oversees internet addresses and domain names. The service provides detailed information on any Icann-accredited registrar, as well as contact information for the registrant themselves. You can use IcannWhois to find out who owns a particular domain name, as well as when it was registered and when it’s set to expire.
WhoIs is a simple Whois lookup service that provides basic information on any domain name, including registrar information, registration date, expiration date, and contact details for the registrant.
DomainHole is a handy tool for finding expired or about-to-expire domains that may be available for registration. The service crawl the web daily for new expiring domains, and you can use various filters to find ones that meet your criteria. Because DomainHole relies on public Whois data, there may be some inaccuracies in the results.
6. “Expired Domains” ExpiredDomains
“Expired Domains” ExpiredDomains is a popular tool for finding expired domains that are available for registration. The service includes a database of over 20 million expired domains, as well as tools for searching and filtering the results to find ones that meet your criteria. Because “Expired Domains” ExpiredDomains relies on public Whois data, there may be some inaccuracies in the results..com) 7.”Expired Domains” Net “Expired Domains” Net is another popular tool for finding expired domains that are available for registration…
10 Best Domain Ownership History Checking Tools
1. Whois API: this API is designed to make it easier for developers to build apps that query the whois data.
2. DomainTools: this website offers a variety of tools for looking up domain ownership history, such as the Whois History tool and the Domain Research Suite.
3. WhoisXML API: this API offers access to Domain History’s extensive database of whois records, going back as far as 20 years.
4. IPee: this website offers a free tool for checking a domain’s ownership history, as well as other tools for looking up IP addresses and DNS information.
5. DomainHole: this website offers a free tool for checking a domain’s ownership history, as well as other tools for looking up DNS information and WHOIS records.
6. Snapdom: this website offers a free tool for checking a domain’s ownership history, as well as other tools for looking up DNS information and WHOIS records.
7. DomainIQ: this website offers several tools for looking up domain ownership history, including the ability to bulk check whois records and get notified when domains become available.
8. Whoishostingthis: this website offers a free tool that allows you to enter a domain name and find out who its registrar is, as well as getting contact information for the registrant.
9.”The Wayback Machine”: this website is best known for its archive of websites dating back to 1996, but it also has a feature that allows you to view past versions of any given website.
10.”Domain Big Data”: this website offers a paid service that provides extensive data on millions of domains, including ownership history going back years or even decades in some cases.”
Why Check Domain Ownership History
If you manage or own a website, then you probably already know how important it is to keep track of your domain name. After all, your domain is your online identity and brand, and if it falls into the wrong hands, it could spell disaster for your business.
That’s why it’s so important to know how to check domain ownership history. By checking the ownership history of a domain, you can see who has owned it in the past and when any changes were made. This can be helpful for a number of reasons:
- It can help you track down the current owner if the domain has been abandoned
- It can give you insight into how well the domain has been maintained over time
- It can help you detect fraud or cybersquatting attempts
- It can provide valuable data for research purposes
Fortunately, there are a number of tools that make it easy to check domain ownership history. In this article, we’ll share 10 of our favorites.
What Domain Ownership History Checking Tools Can Tell You
Domain name ownership history checking tools can be extremely useful when you are researching a domain name. By knowing who has owned a domain in the past, you can gain valuable insight into its value and potential.
These tools can tell you things like:
- The date the domain was first registered
- The date the domain was last registered
- Who the current registrant is
- Who the previous registrants were
- The registrant’s contact information
This information can be extremely valuable when trying to determine the value of a domain name. It can also help you avoid buying a domain that has been owned by someone with a questionable reputation.
Here are 10 great tools for checking domain ownership history:
9. GoDaddy Auctions
How To Interpret Domain Ownership History
One of the most important aspects of due diligence when buying or selling a website is checking the domain ownership history. By understanding who has owned a domain in the past, you can get insights into any potential risks associated with the domain.
There are a few different ways to check domain ownership history. The most common methods are to use the whois lookup tool at ICANN, the Registrar WHOIS Data Reminder and Speculation Policy, and the Whois History tool at DomainTools.
1. ICANN WHOIS Lookup Tool
The ICANN WHOIS Lookup tool allows you to search for the contact information of a domain name owner. This information includes the name, email address, physical address, and phone number of the registrant.
2. Registrar WHOIS Data Reminder and Speculation Policy
The Registrar WHOIS Data Reminder and Speculation Policy is a set of guidelines that requires registrars to remind their customers that WHOIS data is public information. The policy also requires registrars to take measures to prevent customers from using their services to engage in cybersquatting or other malicious activities.
3. DomainTools Whois History Tool
The DomainTools Whois History tool allows you to view the historical WHOIS records for a given domain name. This information can be useful for research purposes or for investigating potential risks associated with a domain name.
4. Namecheap Domain Backorder Tool
The Namecheap Domain Backorder tool allows you to backorder expired domains that have been registered with Namecheap. This service is only available for domains that are registered with Namecheap, so it will not work for all domains.
5. GoDaddy Auctions Membership cancellation form
The GoDaddy Auctions Membership cancellation form allows you to cancel your membership in GoDaddy Auctions if you no longer wish to use their services. This form also allows you to request a refund for any unused credits that you may have purchased through GoDaddy Auctions.
What To Do With Domain Ownership History Information
Domain ownership history can give you a lot of insight into a domain name. Here are 10 awesome tools that you can use to check domain ownership history:
1. WhoisXY: This is a simple tool that lets you check who owns a domain name, as well as when it was registered and when it expires.
2. DomainTools: DomainTools offers a comprehensive suite of tools for investigating domains, including a history tool that lets you see who has owned a domain in the past.
3. NameBio: NameBio maintains a database of millions of sold domains, and their history tool lets you see the past owners of any domain name in their database.
4. GoDaddy Auctions: GoDaddy Auctions shows the past owner information for any auctioned off domain name.
5. SnapNames: SnapNames also shows past owner information for auctioned off domains.
6. Flippa: Flippa is a marketplace for buying and selling websites, and their listing pages show the past owner information for any site that has been sold on their platform.
7. NameJet: NameJet is another popular domain auction platform, and their auction listings also show past owner information.
8. Dynadot: Dynadot is a popular registrar, and their WHOIS lookup tool includes ownership history information for any registered domain name.
9. WHOIS History Tool: This is a simple WHOIS lookup tool that includes ownership history information in the results.